[Standards] MUC History clearing

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at stpeter.im
Wed May 14 17:01:38 UTC 2008

On 05/14/2008 10:48 AM, Joe Hildebrand wrote:

> In this case, I would add one new XEP that shows how to do ad-hoc commands
> in MUC.  If particular commands need to be standardized, they can have their
> own XEPs.  If we wanted to, we could bundle one or more of these
> standardized commands in with the base MUC/Commands XEP.

Right, we can write a XEP for MUC Service Administration, similar to
XEP-0133. Define the base commands there and if people want to define
new commands for their particular needs, they can do so on their own or
register them in the appropriate registry. No need to go mucking around
with XEP-0045 every time some thinks of a cool new admin feature. Pun
intended.