[Standards] XEP-107 and XEP-108: Empty Value?

Dave Cridland dave at cridland.net
Fri May 23 08:54:55 UTC 2008

On Fri May 23 05:11:14 2008, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
> It seems rather messy to delete the node and then re-create it all
> the
> time. For example, lots of geolocation services enable you to
> specify
> certain locations that are private. So when you move to a private
> location, you want to stop publishing temporarily. But you might
> start
> publishing again 20 minutes later or whatever. So why delete the
> node
> (along with all its subscriptions) only to re-create it so soon?

Could we not define some way of positively indicating a lack of
information?

Say, a <mu/> element, which could either go inside a <tune/>, or
replace it entirely within the node. (I'm here using "mu" as an
acknowledgement of the question but a refusal to answer it, serious
Japanese/Zen people can laugh at my ineptitude in using the word
"without").

Dave.
Dave Cridland - mailto:dave at cridland.net - xmpp:dwd at jabber.org
  - http://dave.cridland.net/