[Standards] Jingle: content-replace during PENDING state

Robert McQueen robert.mcqueen at collabora.co.uk
Wed May 28 18:44:43 UTC 2008

Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
> Therefore I think the content-replace action is unnecessary in XEP-0176
> (since nomination in the Jingle ICE-UDP transport will also occur over
> STUN and does not need to happen in the signalling channel).
>
> Unless there are objections, I will update XEP-0176 accordingly (a usage
> inherited by some of the examples in XEP-0167 and XEP-0180, which will
> be harmonized with the modified XEP-0176).

+1 from me. My gut feeling is that content-replace is more of a content
apocalypse in terms of implementations. I don't think it's reasonable to
expect people to have to diff content descriptions and transports in
normal operation - it should have a similar semantic/behaviour as
content-remove and content-add delivered simultaneously.

> Peter

Regards,
Rob