[Standards] LAST CALL: XEP-0176 (Jingle ICE-UDP Transport Method)
XMPP Extensions Editor
editor at xmpp.org
Wed Nov 26 21:30:22 UTC 2008
This message constitutes notice of a Last Call for comments on XEP-0176 (Jingle ICE-UDP Transport Method).
Abstract: This specification defines a Jingle transport method that results in sending media data using raw datagram sockets via the User Datagram Protocol (UDP). This transport method is negotiated via the Interactive Connectivity Establishment (ICE) methodology defined by the IETF and thus provides robust NAT traversal for media traffic.
This Last Call begins today and shall end at the close of business on 2008-12-19.
Please consider the following questions during this Last Call and send your feedback to the standards at xmpp.org discussion list:
1. Is this specification needed to fill gaps in the XMPP protocol stack or to clarify an existing protocol?
2. Does the specification solve the problem stated in the introduction and requirements?
3. Do you plan to implement this specification in your code? If not, why not?
4. Do you have any security concerns related to this specification?
5. Is the specification accurate and clearly written?
Your feedback is appreciated!
More information about the Standards