[Standards] [Fwd: Re: Namespace well-formedness and RFC3920bis backwards compatibility]

Dave Cridland dave at cridland.net
Tue Sep 23 23:46:30 UTC 2008

On Tue Sep 23 19:46:56 2008, Dave Cridland wrote:
> On Tue Sep 23 18:23:45 2008, Jonathan Schleifer wrote:
>> Sorry, I didn't read the whole thread as I'm on vacation, but it
>> seems  to me you are talking about the routing of unbound
>> namespaces - a  problem we have with Gajim at the moment. When we
>> receive an unbound  namespace, our XML parser will just fail and
>> there's not much we can  do about that. It's nearly impossible to
>> fix for us, it would require  changes to Python and pyxmmp, if I
>> looked correctly.
>>

> No, that's not the case, I stuck a patch on #3083 that seems to
> almost work. It's working enough for me to be running it anyway.

FTR: Updated that patch. Seems to work fine. For Gajim svn, but
looking at the log, ought to apply clean to anything since November
2006.

Which other clients suffer from this general problem? I believe iChat
might, and I thought some versions of Pidgin did (but the 2.4.1 I
have here doesn't seem to).

Dave.
Dave Cridland - mailto:dave at cridland.net - xmpp:dwd at dave.cridland.net
  - http://dave.cridland.net/