[Standards] XEP-0198

Dave Cridland dave at cridland.net
Mon Sep 29 17:54:17 UTC 2008

On Mon Sep 29 18:47:56 2008, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
> Dave Cridland wrote:
> > XMPP does already have a technology in the
> > Experimental stage, XEP-0198, which is not yet deployed anywhere
> (but
> > if PSA updates the namespace to something stable, I might
> implement
> > it).
>
> I'll get right on that, boss! I've been hoping that my esteemed
> co-authors (and any interested others) would send me feedback on it,
> since it's in a pretty raw state. I'll read it over here soon, too.

Mea Culpa.

I read it, it looks good, and I was going to implement it as an
amusing project until I realised I couldn't stick it in our release
with a :tmp: namespace, hence all that stuff...

I may find stuff when I get around to implementing it, of course, but
at a glance, it looks generally good. My only real worry was the
namespace declaration at the top-level, because in our
implementation, that will trigger a slower processing of XML in case
that's used inside stanzas - teaching our implementation what it
means, even if we don't implement it, will cure it, but I wonder if
we can avoid that somehow.

Dave.
Dave Cridland - mailto:dave at cridland.net - xmpp:dwd at dave.cridland.net
  - http://dave.cridland.net/