[Standards] [E2E] Why we need a <body> element

Remko Tronçon remko at el-tramo.be
Tue Sep 30 14:56:28 UTC 2008

> We had proposals for end-to-end encryption using TLS here. It was suggested
> to use a stream in a stream using Jingle inbound.

'Using Jingle in-band?'. I may have missed most of the discussion, but
using Jingle if you already know the transport doesn't sound like what
was intended? I was under the impression that we would use Jingle to
negotiate a transport, which *could* be IBB as a fallback in the worst
case, but could (preferably) also be an OOB method.

cheers,
Remko