Matthew Wild mwild1 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 03:14:12 UTC 2009

On Wed, Aug 5, 2009 at 9:01 PM, Peter Saint-Andre<stpeter at stpeter.im> wrote:

> FYI.
>
> - -------- Original Message --------
> Subject: [Council] meeting minutes, 2009-08-05
> Date: Wed, 05 Aug 2009 14:00:11 -0600
> From: Peter Saint-Andre <stpeter at stpeter.im>
> To: XMPP Council <council at xmpp.org>
>

> 3. XEP-0136: Message Archiving
>
> http://xmpp.org/extensions/tmp/xep-0136-1.1.html is seemingly done, but
> Peter will ping the implementers on the standards@ list to be sure.

This is on my mid-term todo list, I haven't read the XEP in a long
time, so don't have any feedback at the moment.

> 4. XEP-0175: Best Practices for Use of SASL ANONYMOUS
>
> http://xmpp.org/extensions/tmp/xep-0175-1.2.html incorporates feedback
> from the standards@ list. Ralph, Peter, and Kev +1. Jack and Dave to
> post to the council@ list.

I think I'm happy with this too, basically because it describes what
Prosody already does :)

Ought a note be added about the "anonymous" account type for service
discovery? http://xmpp.org/registrar/disco-categories.html#account

> 5. XEP-0220: Server Dialback
>
> No objections to making http://xmpp.org/extensions/tmp/xep-0220-0.4.html
> the official 0.4 version. Further (but not major) revisions likely
> before a Last Call.

Going to read though this again.

> 6. XEP-0256: Last Activity in Presence
>
> No clear consensus on http://xmpp.org/extensions/tmp/xep-0256-1.1.html
> but Peter will post to the standards@ list.

I haven't been following the discussions on this, but it looks
sensible and worth implementing.

> 7. http://xmpp.org/extensions/inbox/muji.html
>
> No objections to publishing as a XEP.

I'm an excited end-user for this one, that's all :)

> 8. http://xmpp.org/extensions/inbox/dna.html
>
> Joe Hildebrand to publish as an Internet-Draft instead.

Interesting approach, I await the ID.

> 9. XEP-0227: Portable Import/Export Format for XMPP-IM Servers
>
> No objections to issuing a Last Call.

A Last Call would be good. Remko has done a good job with a standalone
XEP-0227 importer for Prosody, and a built-in importer/exporter is on
our short-term todo list. I'll chime in my thoughts on the XEP itself
in the other thread.

Matthew