[Standards] Call for Experience: XEP-0203 (Delayed Delivery)

Waqas Hussain waqas20 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 13 08:46:02 UTC 2009

> 1. Who has implemented XEP-0203? Please note that the protocol must be
> implemented in at least two separate codebases (and preferably more).

First used in Prosody in November 2008 (before Prosody 0.1 was released).

> 3. Is the text of XEP-0203 clear and unambiguous? Are more examples
> needed? Is the conformance language (MAY/SHOULD/MUST) appropriate? Have
> developers found the text confusing at all? Please describe any
> suggestions you have for improving the text.

Some clarification about ordered delivery might be nice. Should
implementations assume that delayed messages from an entity would
always be ordered by timestamp? A specific case I'm thinking of is
history sync for distributed MUC rooms (of course, that has additional
quirks and concerns).

--
Waqas Hussain