[Standards] XEP-0175 1.2rc1

Brian Cully bcully at gmail.com
Fri Aug 14 01:00:25 UTC 2009

On 13-Aug-2009, at 20:54, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
> On 8/13/09 6:53 PM, Brian Cully wrote:
>> On 13-Aug-2009, at 20:45, Andy Skelton wrote:
>>> "After a client authenticates using the SASL ANONYMOUS mechanism, it
>>> MUST bind a resource; the server SHOULD ignore the resource
>>> identifier
>>> provided by the client (if any) and instead assign a resource
>>> identifier that it generates on behalf of the client."
>>
>>    I cannot find this text in XEP 0175. Perhaps you're looking at an
>> older version?
>
> It's in the provisional version 1.2:
>
> http://xmpp.org/extensions/tmp/xep-0175-1.2.html

	Indeed it is, my apologies.

	I admit, I can't see why the recommendation is there except anal
retentivity when the server is already generating unique bare JIDs. If
the bare JID is unique to a given stream then the resource is
completely redundant as there should never be any reason (that I can
see, anyway) for resource mapping to come into play. By definition
there will never be more than one resource to any given bare JID.

	Right?

-bjc