[Standards] LAST CALL: XEP-0227 (Portable Import/Export Format for XMPP-IM Servers)

Kevin Smith kevin at kismith.co.uk
Tue Aug 25 06:18:53 UTC 2009

On Wed, Aug 5, 2009 at 10:22 PM, XMPP Extensions Editor<editor at xmpp.org> wrote:
> 1. Is this specification needed to fill gaps in the XMPP protocol stack or to clarify an existing protocol?

Yes.

> 2. Does the specification solve the problem stated in the introduction and requirements?

Yes, although there are some details that aren't exposed in the
format. Also, as my implementation sucks these data out of an XMPP
stream, the inability to find out what iq:private you've got is a
problem - I just query a bunch of known nodes.

> 3. Do you plan to implement this specification in your code? If not, why not?

Yes, have done.

Only in as much as it's a great big file with everyone's passwords in.

I don't remember any problems.

/K