[Standards] XEP-0047: IBB without Disco support

Sergei Golovan sgolovan at gmail.com
Sun Aug 30 15:25:06 UTC 2009

On Sun, Aug 30, 2009 at 2:13 PM, Pedro Melo<melo at simplicidade.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> the current text of IBB (XEP-0047) doesn't mention discovery support. There
> isn't a feature to announce support for IBB.

Protocol defined in XEP-0047 defines a transport layer for Stream
Initiation or Jingle and is not intended to be used separately. So,
since both SI and Jingle have their own methods for advertising and
negotiating transport then using disco for advertising IBB is not
necessary. I wouldn't add requirement for Disco support to XEP-0047.

Cheers!
--
Sergei Golovan