Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at stpeter.im
Mon Aug 31 18:09:43 UTC 2009

On 8/5/09 9:14 PM, Matthew Wild wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 5, 2009 at 9:01 PM, Peter Saint-Andre<stpeter at stpeter.im> wrote:
>>
>> FYI.

I think it's appropriate for the Council to approve publication of the
corrected version.

>> 4. XEP-0175: Best Practices for Use of SASL ANONYMOUS
>>
>> http://xmpp.org/extensions/tmp/xep-0175-1.2.html incorporates feedback
>> from the standards@ list. Ralph, Peter, and Kev +1. Jack and Dave to
>> post to the council@ list.
>>

> I think I'm happy with this too, basically because it describes what
> Prosody already does :)
>
> Ought a note be added about the "anonymous" account type for service
> discovery? http://xmpp.org/registrar/disco-categories.html#account

Done:

http://svn.xmpp.org:18080/browse/XMPP/trunk/extensions/xep-0175.xml?r1=3308&r2=3374

>> 5. XEP-0220: Server Dialback
>>
>> No objections to making http://xmpp.org/extensions/tmp/xep-0220-0.4.html
>> the official 0.4 version. Further (but not major) revisions likely
>> before a Last Call.
>>

> Going to read though this again.

Super. We'll probably have a Last Call on it early in the next Council
session.

>> 6. XEP-0256: Last Activity in Presence
>>
>> No clear consensus on http://xmpp.org/extensions/tmp/xep-0256-1.1.html
>> but Peter will post to the standards@ list.
>>

> I haven't been following the discussions on this, but it looks
> sensible and worth implementing.

OK, any further reviews would be appreciated.

>> 7. http://xmpp.org/extensions/inbox/muji.html
>>
>> No objections to publishing as a XEP.
>>

> I'm an excited end-user for this one, that's all :)

Cool.

>> 8. http://xmpp.org/extensions/inbox/dna.html
>>
>> Joe Hildebrand to publish as an Internet-Draft instead.
>>

> Interesting approach, I await the ID.

Ditto.

/me pings hildjj

>> 9. XEP-0227: Portable Import/Export Format for XMPP-IM Servers
>>
>> No objections to issuing a Last Call.
>>

> A Last Call would be good. Remko has done a good job with a standalone
> XEP-0227 importer for Prosody, and a built-in importer/exporter is on
> our short-term todo list. I'll chime in my thoughts on the XEP itself
> in the other thread.

The Last Call is in progress.

Peter

- --