[Standards] Error handling for "stream:error" like "see-other-host"

Jiří Zárevúcký zarevucky.jiri at gmail.com
Sat Feb 7 22:06:47 UTC 2009

If you can't connect to the domain provided in the error, then it is
probably error on the Google side. Anyway, specification clearly
states the domain is to be provided as XML character data of the
<see-other-host/> element. The code you encountered sends it in a text
child, which is obviously wrong. I suggest you implement the right
behavior according to the specification (which needs some
clarification, but I suppose you are expected to connect to the
proposed domain) and ignore google's.