[Standards] [Roster|Data] Versioning

Fabio Forno fabio.forno at gmail.com
Thu Feb 19 21:15:54 UTC 2009

On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 8:15 PM, Peter Saint-Andre <stpeter at stpeter.im> wrote:
[...]
> Given that I see only two (perhaps three) domains in which we need data
> versioning, I don't feel a strong need for a general solution.

>From the client perspective I don't see many differences. Just a bit
of concern about extending the roster:iq namespace which is in
rfc9321, while adding a dedicated namespace is more xmlish (but I
think it's just a question of style, since I don't think there are any
validating xmpp parsers out there, and an additional attribute would
break nothing)

--
Fabio Forno, Ph.D.
Bluendo srl http://www.bluendo.com