[Standards] various rfc3920bis feedback

Dave Cridland dave at cridland.net
Tue Feb 24 20:00:13 UTC 2009

On Tue Feb 24 18:04:06 2009, Pavel Simerda wrote:
> > > * resource conflicts should be handled consistently in servers
> > >

> > It's not always possible to handle conflicts in the same way.
>
> Could you please be more specific?

In the case of a split cluster, there's a number of possible
resolutions, some of which result in believing there's a conflict
without being able to do anything about the existing session. (Other
resolutions to a split cluster involve shutting down the "smaller"
portion of the cluster, which will eliminate this problem at quite
some cost...)

In other cases, you probably want to test and possibly kill the
existing session.

> > > * Consider including XEP-198 Stream Management in the RFC
> >
> > We need to actually prove it, first. I don't think anyone's got as
> > far as coding it, yet.
>
> Prove or test? :D

Prove as in test, not as in validate.

Dave.