[Standards] XEP-0198 suggestion (Stream management)

Fabio Forno fabio.forno at gmail.com
Fri Feb 27 14:03:28 UTC 2009

On Fri, Feb 27, 2009 at 2:51 PM, Mickael Remond
<mickael.remond at process-one.net> wrote:
>> Yep that was what I meant.
>> BTW: is there in same place (rfcs, xeps) a recommendation saying that
>> relying on a resource set by clients is a bad idea?
>
> I am not sure I understand what you mean. The client is choosing the
> resource. That's by definition a client provided information.

Found! http://xmpp.org/rfcs/rfc3920.html#bind
It's already specified: the server may override the resource (some, as
google, do):

A server SHOULD accept the resource identifier provided by the client,
but MAY override it with a resource identifier that the server
generates; in this case, the server SHOULD NOT return a stanza error
(e.g., <forbidden/>) to the client but instead SHOULD communicate the
generated resource identifier to the client in the IQ result as shown
above

--
Fabio Forno, Ph.D.
Bluendo srl http://www.bluendo.com