[Standards] IBB revisions

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at stpeter.im
Sat Feb 28 14:29:32 UTC 2009

Alexander Gnauck wrote:
> Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
>> How does that change the processing model? I'm happy to add more
>> examples if that would be helpful?
>
> it does not change the processing model.
>
> If we don't plan to write another XEP for splitting data in chunks I
> recommend to use IBB for this and reference it from other XEPs and show
> this use cases in the IBB XEP. But there is already a small paragraph
> about non file transfer related use cases.

Perhaps we need more specs that show such use cases. An example is the
Internet-Draft that Dirk Meyer and I are working on for end-to-end
encryption (we'll probably submit that to the IETF today):

http://xmpp.org/internet-drafts/draft-meyer-xmpp-e2e-encryption-00.html

However, I don't think all the use cases need to go in XEP-0047.

https://stpeter.im/