[Standards] XEP-0198 suggestion (Stream management)

Curtis King cking at mumbo.ca
Sat Feb 28 18:59:57 UTC 2009

On 28-Feb-09, at 6:10 AM, Mickael Remond wrote:

> I still think requiring the full JID is the best approach as it maps
> with how to locate a session in the server when sending a message to a
> client.

I think that an more reasonable requirement would be session
management can not be enabled until after a bind and a re-bind could
cause a new sm-id to-be issued. This way servers would have all
available to them to generate what ever sm-id they want.

It actually make more sense to only enable session management after a
bind.

ck