[Standards] XMPP and RTMFP

Javier Cerviño Arriba jcague at gmail.com
Tue Jan 6 03:10:53 UTC 2009

Hello,

I am a Ph. D student at Department of Telematics Engineering in
Universidad Politécnica de Madrid. I have researched for one year in
videoconferencing systems based on RTMP and Flash technologies. But
now, I am working in a new protocol known as RTMFP which is an Adobe
Systems private protocol that can be used to send peer-to-peer video
and audio streams. I want to research into a scenario that joins both
RTMFP (as the transport) and Jingle/XMPP as the signaling layer.

I have already started an early proposal draft based on XEP-0177
(Jingle Raw UDP Transport), it can be used to better understand the
architecture:

http://marte3.dit.upm.es/xep/xep-rtmfp.html

I think that it is an interesting architecture but I would like some
feedback from the community.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Javier Cerviño.