[Standards] XMPP and RTMFP

Dave Cridland dave at cridland.net
Tue Jan 6 09:11:17 UTC 2009

On Tue Jan  6 03:10:53 2009, Javier Cerviño Arriba wrote:
> I am a Ph. D student at Department of Telematics Engineering in
> Universidad Politécnica de Madrid. I have researched for one year
> in  videoconferencing systems based on RTMP and Flash technologies.
> But  now, I am working in a new protocol known as RTMFP which is an
> Adobe  Systems private protocol that can be used to send
> peer-to-peer video  and audio streams. I want to research into a
> scenario that joins both  RTMFP (as the transport) and Jingle/XMPP
> as the signaling layer.

This appears to be a patented protocol, without a published
specification that I can find, and without any licensing information
that I can see. As such, I'm not interested in persuing it, and I'd
argue heavily against the XSF adopting it without compelling reasons.

Dave.
Dave Cridland - mailto:dave at cridland.net - xmpp:dwd at dave.cridland.net
  - http://dave.cridland.net/