[Standards] LAST CALL: XEP-0245 (The /me Command)

Dave Cridland dave at cridland.net
Wed Jan 7 22:11:08 UTC 2009

On Wed Jan  7 22:08:14 2009, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
> In the olden days of groupchat 1.0, mu-conference and perhaps some
> other
> MUC components enabled the admins to configure fun leave messages
> such
> as "stpeter has disappeared in a puff of smoke". In XEP-0045 these
> are
> discouraged, in favor of handling the presence unavaiable event:

You can still do that, of course, by sending a message from the room
itself. I can't immediately recall if XEP-0045 gives clients any
direction at all on what to do with such messages, though, and a
XEP-0045 client would, of course, still print up its own information
about the unavailable presence.

Dave.
Dave Cridland - mailto:dave at cridland.net - xmpp:dwd at dave.cridland.net
  - http://dave.cridland.net/