[Standards] XEP readability

Dirk Meyer dmeyer at tzi.de
Fri Jan 9 18:47:45 UTC 2009

Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
> Some members of the XMPP Council commented recently that the front
> matter (author info, legal notices, etc.) in existing XEPs is quite
> lengthy. Therefore I have modified the XSLT to move almost all of that
> information to appendices. All of the XEPs have been regenerated to
> use this new format:
>
> http://xmpp.org/extensions/
>
> Let me know what you think.

Better, but I would not move all metadata to the end. Comparing it to an
RFC, I would move Appendix A (dependencies and version), B (who wrote
that stuff), D (not important, but it should be at the top IMHO), and F
(it is necessary to read the XEP) back to the top.

Dirk

--
Early to rise, early to bed, makes a man healthy, wealthy and dead.
                -- Terry Pratchett, "The Light Fantastic"