[Standards] XEP readability

Dirk Meyer dmeyer at tzi.de
Fri Jan 9 18:50:36 UTC 2009

Dirk Meyer wrote:
> Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
>> Some members of the XMPP Council commented recently that the front
>> matter (author info, legal notices, etc.) in existing XEPs is quite
>> lengthy. Therefore I have modified the XSLT to move almost all of that
>> information to appendices. All of the XEPs have been regenerated to
>> use this new format:
>>
>> http://xmpp.org/extensions/
>>
>> Let me know what you think.
>
> Better, but I would not move all metadata to the end. Comparing it to an
> RFC, I would move Appendix A (dependencies and version), B (who wrote
> that stuff), D (not important, but it should be at the top IMHO), and F
> (it is necessary to read the XEP) back to the top.

And something else: the top says "Copyright (c) 1999 - 2009 XMPP
Standards Foundation. See Legal Notices." That is not correct. E.g. my
XEPs have no copyright before 2008, they did not exist at that
time. Maybe parse the first version info as copyright start date.

Dirk

--
Original Pentium of Borg: Division is futile - your decimals will be
approximated.