[Standards] MUC E2E encryption

Okano, Stephen stephen.okano at ll.mit.edu
Thu Jan 15 15:35:57 UTC 2009

Hi,

I have been following the forums on end-to-end encryption for a while as I am involved in a project developing group end-to-end encryption. It looks like the XEPs currently are focused on e2e encryption between two entities. Is there any framework for implementing encryption in a Multi-User Chat framework? If so which XEPs are most relevant? We have extended pidgin's implementation of XMPP to enable group e2e encryption using our own XMPP tags, but I can imagine there might already be a standardized way for specifying group e2e in XMPP. Thanks for any help!

- Steve