[Standards] Notification about subscription request declination

Jiří Zárevúcký zarevucky.jiri at gmail.com
Sat Jan 17 21:21:24 UTC 2009

Hello,

I'm implementing a new XMPP client with it's own library and I've come
across a problem.
When a client declines some contact's subscription request, the server
doesn't notify any other resources about it in any way. Therefore, it
is impossible to track, whether the contacts request still apply.
That's a bit of a problem, as you don't know the exact state of the
subscription. Perhaps I have missed something and there is a way to
get this information, but I haven't found it in the current rfc3921bis
draft. So in case I'm not mistaken and this problem really exists, it
would be nice to add such notification to the protocol, wouldn't it?
Any ideas?