[Standards] LAST CALL: XEP-0232 (Software Information)

Remko Tronçon remko at el-tramo.be
Wed Jan 21 21:31:50 UTC 2009

> This message constitutes notice of a Last Call for comments on XEP-0232 (Software Information).

Can someone remind me why we use data forms for this, and not real
elements? I never really understood why we have data forms in
protocols that have nothing to do with displaying of data. Why not use
namespaced elements to which we can assign real semantics? I'm
probably missing something.

Shouldn't it be specified how the 'value' field should be interpreted
for things like 'icon' etc.? Should this be limited to http URIs? I
guess it is with data forms, because you can only have one string as a
value child?

Shouldn't the security considerations mention something about fetching
the icons OOB? (i.e. exposing unwanted information about location
etc., potential malicious files, ...)

cheers,
Remko