[Standards] DEFERRED: XEP-0209 (Metacontacts)

Olivier Goffart ogoffart at kde.org
Thu Jan 22 20:50:38 UTC 2009

Le mardi 20 janvier 2009, XMPP Extensions Editor a écrit :
> XEP-0209 (Metacontacts) has been Deferred because of inactivity.
>
> Abstract: This document specifies an XMPP protocol extension for defining
> metacontacts and grouping member JIDs.

> If and when a new revision of this XEP is published, its status will be
> changed back to Experimental.

What we do in Kopete is to merge into one metacontact contacts that have the
same name.

I have read the idea on this very mailing list.

So there is no need of a metacontact specification, and the problem of
metacontact across account are solved.

What would be the need of having different name for sub-contacts inside the
same metacontact?
What would be the point of having the same name for two different metacontact?

--
Olivier