[Standards] DEFERRED: XEP-0209 (Metacontacts)

Pedro Melo melo at simplicidade.org
Fri Jan 23 11:50:55 UTC 2009

Hi,

On Jan 22, 2009, at 9:27 PM, Jiří Zárevúcký wrote:

> 2009/1/22 Matthew Wild <mwild1 at gmail.com>:
>>
>> I must say I'm inclined to agree with Olivier. Perhaps we are solving
>> the problem from the wrong angle? Specifically, perhaps we can solve
>> the need for users to append "(Home)", "(Work)", "(ICQ)" and "(MSN)"?
>>
>> I'm not going to object to this XEP, I just can't help wondering if
>> the same could be achieved in a simpler way.
>>
>> Matthew.
>>

> Custom contact tagging? I smell a new XEP... :D

Really, if this is something that is going to be discussed, then you
should just allow for extra XML namespaces under each <item> in the
roster. That, with the incremental roster XEPs discussed (resulted in
XEP-0237, Data Sequencing) is probably the best answer for anything
contact related.

Best regards,
--
Pedro Melo