[Standards] [Fwd: WG Action: Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol (xmpp)]

Jonathan Schleifer js-xmpp-standards at webkeks.org
Thu Jun 4 00:34:29 UTC 2009

Am 29.05.2009 um 21:43 schrieb Peter Saint-Andre:

> Goals and Milestones:
>
> Mar 2010 Decide upon a direction for server-to-server connection
> reuse.
> Aug 2010 Deliver rfc3920bis and rfc3921bis to the IESG.
> Dec 2010 Decide upon a direction for end-to-end encryption.
> Jan 2011 Define a framework for SIP-XMPP interworking.
> Feb 2011 Define a solution for server-to-server connection reuse.
> Aug 2011 Define a solution for end-to-end encryption.

Great, so maybe we see some client being released in a stable version
that supports it in about 3 years.

I know you hate to hear this, but I think if we would have put some
effort into ESessions, we would have had something usable much
earlier. In fact, at least one client even has a stable release with
ESessions. But it's too late now, things are decided and we have to
wait until about the beginning of 2012 to have it in a stable release
of a client…

--
Jonathan