[Standards] [Fwd: WG Action: Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol (xmpp)]

Joe Hildebrand joe.hildebrand at webex.com
Thu Jun 4 14:38:14 UTC 2009

On 6/3/09 8:00 PM, "Peter Saint-Andre" <stpeter at stpeter.im> wrote:

> Nothing says that we can't finish things sooner than defined by the
> milestones on the charter (I'm not quite sure how those got defined,
> because I think we can finish sooner, but Working Group chairs and IETF
> Area Directors tend to be conservative about milestones).

It was just a conservatism issue.  We can certainly feel free to overachieve
drastically.

My biggest worry with the end-to-end encryption stuff is what happens when
you get more than one security person in any given room at the same time...
Let's just say they're not known for coming to consensus quickly.

--
Joe Hildebrand