[Standards] Idea for std. Being implemented here @ wirelessfactory

Mads Randstoft mr at wirelessfactory.com
Thu Jun 18 07:25:22 UTC 2009

We use XMPP as communications layer in a larger service system build as
a cloud system with many autonomous services that work together to
perform a service. All of the communication for the service RPCs are
done using ad-hoc commands with XEP-0244 (iodata) as payload. What I
propose for a std. is the extension we are currently working on together
with Tigase. "Store and Forward of ad-hoc+iodata" stanzas.

We found that we needed a way to ensure delivery of some commands even
in the face of offline recipients, takeing the offline messages as basic
idea, we are designing an addon for XMPP servers that will allow
specified <iq><command> stanzas to offline clients to be stored in case
of client being offline and sent to the client when this client again
comes online. Since not all commands should be stored, it must be
possible to configure which types of commands are stored, based on
command nodes.

I would like any comments, ideas and input of any kind, on this proposition.
--

Med venlig hilsen / Best regards
Mads Randstoft

Wireless Factory Aps