[Standards] dialback refactoring

Philipp Hancke fippo at goodadvice.pages.de
Thu Jun 25 17:09:22 UTC 2009

Ralph Meijer wrote:
[snip]
>> Ralph, do you have further feedback?
>
> I think you removed the confusing switching of roles of the servers
> between sections, per my request. I.e. you switched the hosts in two

Well, now the point of view switches between sections, in 2.1.1 the
sending server is example.org, in 2.1.2 it is xmpp.example.com; the
same applies to 2.2.
I am not sure if that is better... but it is not worse either.

> sections, but forgot to make the associated changes to the hash and
> session IDs. I expect to see only one stream ID (D60000229F) and one
> hash (37c69b1cf07a3f67c04a5ef5902fa5114f2c76fe4a2686482ba5b89323075643).

IIRC the reason why I used two different sets of key data was that it
makes the association between the examples in 2.1.1/2.2.1 and
2.1.2-/2.2.2 more visible.
But that would require two hashes that don't start with the same
character... ;-)

philipp