[Standards] UPDATED: XEP-0237 (Roster Versioning)

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at stpeter.im
Thu May 14 18:39:41 UTC 2009

On 5/14/09 11:42 AM, Florian Zeitz wrote:

> I personally think the way to go might really be putting r1, r2, ...
> in the examples, as Matthew Wild suggested (Maybe use r<number> in
> Example 3 and v<number> in Section 3, so we have different letters and
> no-one tries to be clever). It fixes the problems hashes cause in this
> place, yet enables you to see that the value is opaque from the examples.

Is this whole tempest in a tea pot about the *examples*?!? (Sorry, I
haven't read the entire thread.) If so, then I will change the values to
the following:

S: <iq from='romeo at montague.lit' id='ah382g67'
to='romeo at montague.lit/home' type='set'>
     <query xmlns='jabber:iq:roster' ver='Curtis'>
       <item jid='tybalt at shakespeare.lit' subscription='remove'/>
     </query>
   </iq>

S: <iq from='romeo at montague.lit' id='b2gs90j5'
to='romeo at montague.lit/home' type='set'>
     <query xmlns='jabber:iq:roster' ver='Dave'>
       <item jid='bill at shakespeare.lit' subscription='both'/>
     </query>
   </iq>

S: <iq from='romeo at montague.lit' id='c73gs419'
to='romeo at montague.lit/home' type='set'>
     <query xmlns='jabber:iq:roster' ver='Florian'>
       <item jid='nurse at shakespeare.lit' name='Nurse' subscription='to'>
         <group>Servants</group>
       </item>
     </query>
   </iq>

S: <iq from='romeo at montague.lit' id='dh361f35'
to='romeo at montague.lit/home' type='set'>
     <query xmlns='jabber:iq:roster' ver='Jiri'>
       <item jid='juliet at shakespeare.lit' name='Juliet' subscription='both'>
         <group>VIPs</group>
       </item>
     </query>