[Standards] LAST CALL: XEP-0198 (Stream Management)

Dirk Meyer dmeyer at tzi.de
Fri May 29 12:11:34 UTC 2009

XMPP Extensions Editor wrote:
> 1. Is this specification needed to fill gaps in the XMPP protocol
> stack or to clarify an existing protocol?

Yes

I did not follow the whole discussion, but IMHO the 'h' attribute is not
clear.

| The 'h' attribute identifies the last handled stanza (i.e., the last
| stanza that the receiver will acknowledge as having received).

I wonder if I start at 1 again after each ack. The examples in 8.1
increase the number while example 22 in 8.2 resets the counter.

Next question: what is a stanza? Only mssage, iq and presence? What
about the ping from XEP-0199?  What about the ack itself?

Dirk

--
Microsoft is not the answer. Microsoft is the question. 'No' is the answer!