[Standards] LAST CALL: XEP-0226 (Message Stanza Profiles)

Fabio Forno fabio.forno at gmail.com
Mon Nov 16 15:56:18 UTC 2009

On Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 4:41 PM, Dave Cridland <dave at cridland.net> wrote:

>> 1. Is this specification needed to fill gaps in the XMPP protocol stack or
>> to clarify an existing protocol?
>
> I'm going to be forced to assume that the answer here is "No", given that
> there's been no response to the Last Call at all.

Indeed I sent a first attempt of review to the techreview list.
Basically it was positive (yes to 1,2,3, no to 4), I just think it
doesn't state well real purpose (or at least what I find useful): the
problem is not having overcomplicated stanzas to handle, but having
some well defined method to understand which part of the message is
the real payload, and which part is just a fallback (usually a body
explaining why something has failed)

bye

--
Fabio Forno,