[Standards] Proposed XMPP Extension: Distributed MUC

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at stpeter.im
Tue Apr 6 04:12:02 UTC 2010

On 3/18/10 2:21 PM, XMPP Extensions Editor wrote:

> Title: Distributed MUC
>
> Abstract: Multi-User Chats, distributed over several nodes in the
> XMPP network, using a master/slave architecture

> The XMPP Council will decide at its next meeting whether to accept
> this proposal as an official XEP.

The XMPP Council decided to allow publication of both
http://xmpp.org/extensions/inbox/distributedmuc.html and
http://xmpp.org/extensions/inbox/dmuc2.html

My preference would be to publish one spec, not two, so I have begun
looking for ways to harmonize the two. I'll post about that in more
detail later this week or early next week.

https://stpeter.im/