[Standards] Onesocialweb: code release and updated extensions

Laurent Eschenauer laurent at eschenauer.be
Mon Apr 12 14:04:01 UTC 2010

Hi everyone,

Thank you for the feedback over the last weeks on our onesocialweb project.
I'm happy to let you know that we have just released the first version of
our code. We have also updated the various protocol extensions based on the
feedback received. The most important changes are:

- switched from PoCo to vcard4 as our data model for user profiles
- switched to PEP for sharing of activity notifications (but using our own
flavor of PEP, having added a new kind of node that supports per item
privacy)

So, if you are a client, server or application developer and are interested
in social networking over XMPP, now is a good time to have a look at the
protocol, the code and start integrating. We'll be happy to help out anyone
working on this ! Feel free to get in touch directly, on this mailing or on
our mailing list.

Looking forward to your feedback,

Cheers,

Laurent