[Standards] XEP-0080 interoperability

Stephen Pendleton pendleto at movsoftware.com
Mon Apr 12 17:32:33 UTC 2010

That does look promising...the only issue is that you would need to retrieve
all the meta-data for every node in order to find the one you were
interested in OR there would need to be a search mechanism to find it. The
XEP suggests Jabber Search, but I don't see any examples of how to use it to
search pubsub collections. You may have millions of nodes on a server.

It would be preferable to me to have the geoloc node as a well known name
which can be registered with the XMPP registrar. Perhaps node =
'/geo_loc/<jid>'. It would make implementation a lot easier...