[Standards] XEP-0080 interoperability

Florian Zeitz florian.zeitz at gmx.de
Tue Apr 13 10:38:45 UTC 2010

On 13.04.2010 01:49, Stephen Pendleton wrote:
> [...]

I'm by no means a PubSub or PEP expert, so maybe I'm wrong. But AFAICT
the XEP clearly states that a PEP service MUST support the "open" access
model as well as the subscribe use case. It also states "An entity shall
receive event notifications if [...] The node has an open access model
and the entity has explicitly or implicitly subscribed to the node as
explained in XEP-0060."
Wouldn't that suffice?