[Standards] Could anyone using XMPP-0277 or PEP help us test our Onesocialweb implementation ?

Stephen Pendleton pendleto at movsoftware.com
Wed Apr 14 13:59:49 UTC 2010

-----Original Message-----
From: standards-bounces at xmpp.org [mailto:standards-bounces at xmpp.org] On
Behalf Of kael
Sent: Wednesday, April 14, 2010 8:36 AM
To: standards at xmpp.org
Subject: Re: [Standards] Could anyone using XMPP-0277 or PEP help us test
our Onesocialweb implementation ?

On 03/29/2010 11:10 AM, Laurent Eschenauer wrote:
> Hi everyone,

>I think the XEP-0277 is not complete and may be buggy.

>Consider the situation with users A, B and C.

>A and B are subscribed to each others node, as well as B and C, but not
>A and C.

>A publishes a message.

>C wants to reply to A and publishes a message, but A won't receive it
>because A is not subscribed to C.

Alternately you could allow C's reply to A to be published to A's PEP node
so you could see posts and replies in threaded format by following A's
stream (more like facebook). I'm guessing that the 0277 XEP is meant to copy
twitter. I've never understood twitters format where the replies were in the
twitter stream of the sender. If you look at a twitter stream it is
impossible to follow. For example there will be a post that says "@foo: I
think that too!" but no context to what post it is replying to (other than a
link to the other persons main stream!)