[Standards] Stanza namespaces

Kevin Smith kevin at kismith.co.uk
Tue Apr 27 20:41:22 UTC 2010

On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 9:34 PM, Peter Saint-Andre <stpeter at stpeter.im> wrote:
> On 4/27/10 2:30 PM, Kevin Smith wrote:
>>> Sometime yesterday (before you sent your message to the list) I wrote
>>> the following text in my working copy of 3920bis:
>>>
>>> <snip/>
>>> That might not be precise enough, and it leaves out the error handling.
>>
>> That seems fairly definitive and, as Dave mentions, the error handling
>> is already defined elsewhere.
>
> It's definitive, but it might not be correct. Do we need to be so strict
> about this?

As long as the <message xmlns='jabber:client'/> and <message
xmlns='jabber:server'/> have different schemas, I think we probably
should. The other option is consolidating the schemas, and doing away
with the two namespaces and sticking them in the same one. While in
principle I'm in favour of the latter as the cleaner solution, we're
looking at a new xmpp stream version header, and I don't know if
anyone's up for that at this point.

/K