[Standards] Proposed XMPP Extension: Message Carbons

Jonathan Schleifer js-xmpp-standards at webkeks.org
Fri Apr 30 15:41:00 UTC 2010

I only had a short look at it now in the bus, but after that short read, it seems like my phone would ring every time I get a message, even though there's another resource where I actually read the message? If I understood it right, it's missing some way to tell the other resources that you "accepted" a converstaion and are having it on this resource. It should also be possible to release a conversation again so that all resources receive it - for example if the window is closed or there was no message for a specified amount of time.

Just my 2 cents.

--
Jonathan