[Standards] Current "user profile" specification? (XEP-0154 is deferred)

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at stpeter.im
Mon Aug 16 15:22:45 UTC 2010

On 8/15/10 11:22 PM, Joe Hildebrand wrote:
> On 8/15/10 9:48 AM, "Iñaki Baz Castillo" <ibc at aliax.net> wrote:
>
>> Being honest I'm looking for a good "user profile" specification in
>> order to reuse it in SIP protocol.
>
> Start with the new vcarddav-xml spec:
>
> http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-vcarddav-vcardxml
>
> The XMPP community is liable to wrap this in a XEP and use it to replace
> XEP-54 soon, I hope.

Yes, the vCard 4 spec is designed to be more extensible, so we might not
need XEP-0154 any longer -- however, we have some work to do if we want
"vcard-perm" to be truly permanent (the simple wrapping stuff that Joe
mentions but also various extensions if people want more advanced features).

https://stpeter.im/