[Standards] Current "user profile" specification? (XEP-0154 is deferred)

Dave Cridland dave at cridland.net
Mon Aug 16 15:52:20 UTC 2010

On Mon Aug 16 16:22:45 2010, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
> On 8/15/10 11:22 PM, Joe Hildebrand wrote:
> > On 8/15/10 9:48 AM, "Iñaki Baz Castillo" <ibc at aliax.net> wrote:
> >
> >> Being honest I'm looking for a good "user profile" specification
> in
> >> order to reuse it in SIP protocol.
> >
> > Start with the new vcarddav-xml spec:
> >
> > http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-vcarddav-vcardxml
> >
> > The XMPP community is liable to wrap this in a XEP and use it to
> replace
> > XEP-54 soon, I hope.
>
> Yes, the vCard 4 spec is designed to be more extensible, so we
> might not
> need XEP-0154 any longer -- however, we have some work to do if we
> want
> "vcard-perm" to be truly permanent (the simple wrapping stuff that
> Joe
> mentions but also various extensions if people want more advanced
> features).

I actually have customers wanting XEP-0154 with arbitrary keys, but
I'll look at vcarddav-xml, too, and see if this will meet their
needs. I'm beginning to quite like the notion of XEP-0154 as-is, too.

(There's exciting things like weird military indicators they need).

Dave.
Dave Cridland - mailto:dave at cridland.net - xmpp:dwd at dave.cridland.net
  - http://dave.cridland.net/