[Standards] Fwd: [TechReview] Review of XEP-0234, 0260 and 0261.

Justin Karneges justin-keyword-jabber.093179 at affinix.com
Wed Aug 18 22:41:33 UTC 2010

On Wednesday 18 August 2010 15:14:59 Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
> On 8/17/10 6:15 AM, Yann Leboulanger wrote:

> >> Without checking, I believe Miranda and Gajim do.
> >>
> >> Matthew
> >
> > Yep Gajim supports that to resume a transfer.
>
> Hi Yann, thanks for the confirmation. Is this feature useful? Does it
> improve the user experience? Does it make file transfer more reliable?
> Does it introduce complexities into the code? Is the cost worth the
> benefit? Just curious. :)

Psi has resume also.  From the first release with file transfer, even.

A recipient is only supposed to request a range in the iq response if the
sender claims to support the range feature in the iq request.  If there is a
client claiming the range feature but not actually supporting it, then that's
a bug they need to fix.

-Justin