[Standards] XEP-0136 modifications

Yann Leboulanger asterix at lagaule.org
Tue Feb 2 19:59:07 UTC 2010

Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
> On 1/8/10 12:28 PM, Yann Leboulanger wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Alexander Tsvyashchenko and I discussed changes in XEP-136, and we wrote
>>  them in the XEP. Attached is a diff of the xep-0136.xml, and you can
>> see the result here:
>> www.lagaule.org/xep/xep-0136.html
>>
>> What do you think about that?
>> Comments are appreciated!
>
> Hi Yann!
>
> I must admit that I have not tracked the XEP-0136 discussion. I will try
> to do so before FOSDEM. However, a nice short summary of the proposed
> changes would be very helpful. :)
>
> Peter

The thread is not very long (A discussion between Alexander
Tsvyashchenko, ejabberd archiving module developper, and me):
http://mail.jabber.org/pipermail/standards/2009-December/022951.html

The main problem I faced was that it is currently not possible to stop
archiving a conversation. The scenario is this one:
auto archiving is enabled. I start a conversation with a contact, so
it's archived. I start encrypting the conversation (GPG or E2E). Then it
becomes useless to archive messages. But currently the only way to do
that is to stop auto archiving for ALL contacts.

Thanks for your interest
--
Yann