[Standards] XEP-0136 modifications

Tobias Markmann tmarkmann at googlemail.com
Thu Feb 4 10:08:34 UTC 2010

On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 9:11 PM, Maciek Niedzielski <machekku at uaznia.net>wrote:

> On Wednesday 3 February 2010 21:01:52 Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
> > On 2/3/10 12:55 PM, Nicolas Vérité wrote:
> > > Why not adding more complexity... to archive also Jingle calls, and
> > > file transfers?
> > And don't forget all inbound and outbound presence, too. :P
> Then it wouldn't be so hard to add chat events, and this would allow you to
> fully replay whole conversation :)

Exactly. The ability to replay full conversations is sure desirable in my
opinion. Though to log file-transfer and jingle calls the server would have
to act kind of a proxy for the transfers.

IIRC we have a XEP that is supposed to replace the oldish private XML usage
by something pubsub based which would then be used for MUC bookmarks for
example. It would fit perfectly then to store logging preferences too,
wouldn't it?

--
Tobias Markmann
http://ayena.de