[Standards] XEP-0206 and namespaces

Peter Mount peter at retep.org.uk
Thu Feb 11 09:11:10 UTC 2010

On Thu, Feb 11, 2010 at 5:11 AM, Peter Saint-Andre <stpeter at stpeter.im>wrote:

> Hi Alex!
>
> On 2/10/10 12:59 AM, Alexander Gnauck wrote:
> > XEP-0206 sais:
> <snip/>
>
> > my implementations are namespace correct and are currently not able to
> > connect to BOSH connection managers which don't specify the
>
> I agree with you about the desirability of being namespace-aware, so
> perhaps we can remove the wording about "many existing XMPP-specific
> implementations"...

Yes that would be nice.

I've actually spent the most of the last four days rewriting how
I marshal XMPP messages into XML because of the confusion in how namespaces
are handled - not just in BOSH but in general.

In my case the server was accepting the stanzas fine, it was the flash
client that refused to handle them correctly because it was expecting them
exactly as the various XEP's show.

Perhaps we should have an XEP to consolidate best practices on how to handle
XML rather than having bits like this dotted across the various XEP's?

Peter Mount
e: peter at retep.org.uk
w: http://retep.org
xmpp:peter at retep.org <xmpp%3Apeter at retep.org>