[Standards] Fwd: Meeting minutes 2010-02-15

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at stpeter.im
Thu Feb 18 13:51:22 UTC 2010

On 2/18/10 6:44 AM, Philipp Hancke wrote:
> Kevin Smith wrote:
> [...]
>> 8) Distributed MUC
>> http://xmpp.org/extensions/inbox/distributedmuc.html
>> Accept as XEP?
>>
>> Kev offers to send around a mail about an alternative approach to
>> possibly update this proposal with.
>> Kev, Matt and Ralph had no objections to publishing as-is, further
>> discussion about approaches to happen on-list.
>
> 1. This proposal has unacceptable liabilites (sync issues).
> See http://logs.jabber.org/council@conference.jabber.org/2006-06-14.html
>  at 15:28

Are you being facetious or serious?

> 2. Compression makes multicast structures unnecessary.

It does? A lot of people are skeptical about the argument "oh don't
worry about how verbose this is, compression will solve the problem".

> 3. This proposal does not disprove current experience
> - 15:30:12 in the meeting log.
>
> 4. This indeed is the worst of IRC brought to XMPP.

Nice! What's needed to bring the *best* of IRC to XMPP?

> Unfortunately, I could not find the minutes of that meeting.

Kev sent out minutes. It's the logs that are non-functional at the
moment. The jabber.org admin team needs to fix that, or the XSF
insfrastructure team needs to enable logging at muc.xmpp.org.

https://stpeter.im/